Saturday 25 July 2015

Lolly & Sand - A Trip Down Memory Lane

For many years my dad took lots of pictures. Later in life dad became interested in genealogy and sorted through thousands of very old and new family pics in an effort document the people in the pics. I can't imagine how long it took dad to write names, places and dates on the pics, but I'm so glad he took on the project.  It resulted in 100+ photo albums full of memories.  Unfortunately Alzheimer's ended the journey a few years ago so some of the people in the pics will remain a mystery.

Today, I was looking through some of the albums, and wow - what a step back in history.  Some of the clothing & hairstyles, oh my, are sooooo groovy!  My goal was to find a pic with Lolly & myself in a pic together. After about an hour - jackpot!  I found two  Yup, two. LOL

This was taken in the Bahamas.  Somehow the date wasn't noted...let's just say it was a while ago.


Oh how I despised those glasses,  I purposely broke the arm on them, hoping my parents would spring for a new pair.  Boy oh boy, was I - they had the arm replaced, and no, it didn't match the other. Well, you can't blame a gal for trying!



Fast forward to the early eighties.  Sorry about the quality of the pic.  Note the HUGE glasses.  Can't blame mom for those, I chose them myself!  All I can say is - thank goodness for laser eye surgery!!

Guess what!!??  We signed up on Twitter so be sure to follow up.  Please be patient with us - we're still figuring out how it works.  We're so old school...teehee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!