Tuesday 22 December 2015

Christmas and Friends, part 2

Well, there we sat, with an empty vase, a bag of craft goodies.  Sometimes inspiration happens right away, other times you wait.  Hmm, what to do?  My friend handed me a rolled up bunch of skinny twigs that turned out to be gold painted grapevine.  Very delicately, we unwound the grapevine, and with no plan in mind, rolled it loosely and placed it in the vase.  Sounds easy, eh?  Truth is, it took several tries to get it to look even.  Then we took it out - I wanted the apples (not real ones LOL) in the jar.

We added the greenery, and gold ribbon, and ta da....done.  An inspired rustic arrangement at Christmas, made by friends. 

I wish I had taken a picture of  her Christmas tree.  It's known as the tree with my last name, because so many of the ornaments on it were made by yours truly.  I did though, take a pic with the Santa I made years ago.  It sure was a trip down memory lane seeing crafts from the past - I'd forgotten so many of them.


As you can probably tell, we're very proud of our efforts and it was such a fun evening spent with a friend of 30 years!

Happy Crafting & Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!