Friday 3 June 2016

A Venture into Mixed Media

A few years ago, in a little town called Stayner, Ontario, I wandered into a lovely little shop and found an art piece that I just had to have.  Fast forward - a friend visiting brought a book for me to take a look at - Taking Flight by Kelly Rae Roberts.  I flipped through the pages and had an ah-ha moment when I realized the art I had purchased was by Kelly Rae Roberts!  Since then, I've followed KKR's writing and artwork,and wanted to take her e-courses.  Imagine my delight when Kelly Rae celebrated her 10 year in business by offering her courses at a discount!  Weeeeeee!  

Soooooo....here goes.  If you're familiar with mixed media, you'll understand what this is all about - layering textures and colours,  Funny thing is when to stop.  Am I done the painting...maybe...LOL


Stampin' Up! folks - you'll see how I was able to incorporate some of SU's awesome products into the painting.  Not just for cards - yup!

Here's a look at it with a few layers.  Which side is up, down....at this point it - no idea.




What a fun process!  I haven't finished viewing all the courses, but I do have a couple more pieces in the works.  


I'm looking forward to this Saturday - visiting my fave SU demonstrator for the new SU catty launch! Love the products!!



Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!



Sandy 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!