Tuesday 28 June 2016

Sweet Treat and a Sneak Peak!

I'm not much of a baker or cook - oh so true! Although I can do both when I try, especially when there is a special occasion being celebrated in my office.  Three lovely co-workers are retiring, and we're combining our June birthdays with the retirements.  What does that mean??  MAJOR FOOD  DAY...sorry for yelling...teehee.

I set out after work to buy a treat of some sort at the grocery store, but I forgot.  Thank goodness for the internet because finding a cookbook in my house would be next to impossible   I found a recipe that looked promising but felt the need to change the recipe a little bit.

Coconut Cookies

Preheat oven to 325

1/2 cup coconut oil, very soft
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 cups oats
1 1/2 cup unsweetened flaked coconut
1/2 cup pecan, chopped (optional)


In a large bowl, mix first three ingredients until smooth.  Add remaining ingredients until combined well.  Scoop approximately 2 tablespoons of mix, form in your hand and place of parchment lined cooking sheet.

Bake 12 minutes.  Let cool completely on the cooking sheet or they will break apart (yes, I'm speaking from experience).  Once cooled transfer cookies to a wire rack.  Should make about 24 cookies depending on the size you scoop.

I'll be making these again, but next time I think I'll use coconut sugar and gluten free oats.



I'm not embarrassed to admit, my 'expertise' was challenged this evening.  The first batch looked a bit light, so I set the timer for an additional two minutes.  After a while I thought, hmmm, that's a long two minutes. Well, that would be because I set the timer for two hours.  Big oops, but no burnt cookies...yay!  Then, somehow for the second batch, I shut the oven off, so at the twelve minute mark, the cookies hadn't cooked at all.  Surprisingly all the cookies turned, of course, except the cookies I broke when I picked them up before cooling.  I'm truly not inept.  I do think though I'll blame the migraine I had yesterday.

Oooh by the way - the cookies are delicious!

Thanks for reading so far - now to the sneak peak.




The start of another angel on a wood canvas,  I've got a long way to go until she's finished, so be sure to stop by again to see the finished painting and perhaps more sneak peaks of this and the other angels I'm working on.

Happy Crafting!!


Sand





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!