Sunday 14 August 2016

Cottage Life

For the past few days my sister and I have been at the family cottage enjoying the quiet life.  On the day we arrived, Georgian Bay was tame, with barely a ripple.  I love how peaceful it is at the cottage. So dark at night.  Choose to do nothing or everything.

We went on a day trip to Collingwood, Ravena, Thornbury and Meaford.  Lovely and scenic!  I wish I'd taken more pics!

I thought these looked so pretty!


What a great name for a restaurant.  This is in Meaford.



The highway from Thornbury to Collingwood.  The Blue Mountains are ahead!



I couldn't resist.  This huge cup is at a gas station in Collingwood. To get an idea how big it is, check out the fence in the background.



On our second day the waves were gigantic and we had so much fun in the water.  Those were mighty strong waves!  Waste deep water and waves over our heads, resulting in us moving to shallower water.  I think we stayed in the water almost an hour and we would have stayed longer except it looked like a storm was headed our way.

Turns out the rain was headed our way, and lots of it shortly after we arrived in Creemore.  Below are a few pics from shops in town.

My fave bookstore.


Just sitting outside a cafe, enjoying a delicious cinnamon bun.

Check out the giant chocolate chip cookie!! Nope, I didn't buy it.


Same shop - giant meringues!


Getting ready to leave Creemore.  Lots of rain!


Next stop, Glen Huron.  Love the country market.  Excellent freshly baked blueberry scones. Yum!



Oh no....more rain.  We're still at Giffen's Country Market.


Beach pics from today.







It isn't often my sister and I get away so it was nice to be able to spend time together. 

Oh...and it wasn't a craft free weekend - I brought my quilling with me!


Thanks for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!



Sand

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!