Thursday 1 September 2016

Throw Back Thursday


Wow - September 1, it's a gorgeous day, and I'm reminiscing.  A long time ago, or, rather, a long, long, long time ago, when I was 15 or 16,  I went on a Caribbean cruise with my parents.  Oh boy, I remember the precise moment the ship left port for the first time. We were having late night snacks at the buffet, the ship barely started moving and I headed back to the cabin 'sea sick'.  Thankfully it didn't last and I got my sea legs quickly.  Yay!


The picture below was taken by my mom, and that's my dad and I on the deck.  Check out the wide legged jeans I'm wearing - eek!  Anyway, in the background is Columbia.  We didn't leave the ship that day as we could hear gunfire, and that's not my 'cup of tea'.



It was a great trip and such a wonderful experience.  We had taken trips to the islands before, but this was the first cruise.


Thank you for stopping by and taking a wee trip back in time with me.


Sand



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!