Friday 1 September 2017

Remarkable You - Stampin' Up!

Happy Friday, happy first day of September and happy long weekend!  That's a whole lot of happy! I'm lovin' the crispness in the air, but it sure would be nice to see a few more warm days!  One can hope. 😊

Stampin' Up! hit it out of the park with the gorgeous floral images in the Remarkable You set.  My card today features one of the images, plus a sentiment in that set.  

The artist in me has been itching to play with watercolour paper, and I finally sat down with my inks and Aqua painter.  I don't need a crystal ball to show me the future on this technique - I've already made a few more watercolour backgrounds!


I used are Daffodil Delight, Lemon Lime Twist and Bermuda Bay inks. I think they look great together. My next order will include Island Indigo, which is what I used for the card base.  Gosh, I can't believe I don't have a re-inker in one of my fave colours!.  



My concern with using Basic Black ink was that it would be 'harsh' against such a soft background, but those concerns quickly disappeared once I stamped the image - love the contrast!
For a water droplet look, I added a few Glitter Enamel Dots. Pretty!

* * * 

Tips

I have a few trial and errors with the above technique.  My tip - when you experiment with inks and watercolour paper, if you aren't happy with the result, wait for the paper today, then experiment more using the other side of the paper. 

* * *

In Gratitude

Family is everything to me.  We don't always agree, and that's okay.  We're always there for each other, we celebrate, laugh and cry together.  I'm so grateful for my family ♥

* * * 


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!