Friday 6 April 2018

Goals are Good, and a Thank You card!

Just like many of you, I set goals for myself.  Attainable, realistic, but still a bit of a 'reach' goals. The goal I've set relates to my Stampin' Up! business. And, when I reach a goal, I celebrate!  You are very much a part of the goal and the celebration!  Here's the scoop - starting April 3/18, when you place an order, your name will be entered in a draw.  When I reach my Stampin' Up! business goal, I'll draw a name, and the winner will get a FREE stamp set.   This is open to Canadian residents only.

Ooooh! There's more!!  Every Tuesday I do a Facebook Live video on my Lolly & Sand Group.  When you share my video with your friends, you get a ballot for my weekly Happy Mail draw.  And, if you place a $35 or more order & share my video - you get 2 ballots!  The video stays on Facebook, so you can watch it anytime.

Hey....how about a card!  This is one of the cards I made on my FB live video.


My son asked me how I got a wood grain look on this card.  I used Wood Textures DSP - a 'must have' stack of paper, great for cards & home decor projects!  This particular piece of paper is actually quite light in colour.  I wanted it to be blue like the card base, so I rolled my Sponge Brayer onto my Marina Mist ink pad, then onto the paper.  An easy peasy change-up!
I've never done heat embossing during my videos, that is until April 3.  If you're new to heat embossing, this technique is magic!  Or not LOL.  What it is, is easy and fun!
Your first step when heat embossing is to use your embossing buddy (see product list below), to wipe across the  paper.  It helps remove static.  I used a stamp from one of my all-time favourite stamp sets - Lovely as a Tree.  The sentiment is from the Petal Palette set in the Occasions catalogue.
Next step - ink up the stamp using Versamark, then stamp onto your paper.  You won't be able to see the stamped image very well, but that's okay - the image is there. 😊
Your next step is to 'pour' your embossing powder onto the paper. Make sure to pour out lots!  Now you'll see the image, as the embossing powder sticks to the Versamark.  Tap the extra powder off the card onto a piece of scrap paper, or whatever you choose to collect the powder, and put it back into the container.  The 'magic\ happens when you use your heat tool.  Be really really careful - heat tools give off, well, heat, and lots of it!
That's pretty much it.  The base of the card is Soft Sky (I didn't have Marina Mist card stock), and the layer is Copper Foil paper.

The dimensions are available on my video.

Thank you for stopping by!  Your comments & support mean so much to me!  



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!