Sunday 15 April 2018

Happiest of Days & a Blog Hop!

The retiring list of products is out, and as much as it's sad to see our favourites going away, there's still time to purchase them before the new catalogue is released in June.

Today, I have two cards for you, both featuring a gorgeous retiring stamp set - Happiest of Days.  Although I used watercolour paper as the top layer, silver heat embossing, and Indigo Island ink & cardstock on both cards, they look quite different.

Let's take a look at the first card:


Using Versamark, I stamped the floral image onto a watercolour paper scrap, plus the layer, then heat embossed in silver.  I did the same with the sentiment.  Such lovely script - don't you just love it!!
Next, using Indigo Island ink & re-inker & my Aqua Painter, I simply coloured in the flowers. For the leaves, I used Lemon Lime Twist.


To achieve the speckled look, I tapped my Aqua Painter that was loaded with Indigo Ink and a bit water over the paper.  Next I did the same with Lemon Lime Twist ink. Lastly, I fussy cut some of the flowers and popped them up on dimensionals.

This is our Stamping Symphony monthly blog hop. This month, we're focusing on retiring products. Once you're finished reading my post, please take a few minutes to hop on over to the blogs of the rest of the team. Links are at the bottom of the page.


Let's check out card 2:


After I heat embossed the sentiment & flowers, I once again loaded up my Aqua Painter with Island Indigo ink, then swept the colour across the paper.  I really like how the ink settled.  


I decided to add Elegant Eggplant ink to some of the flowers.  Sadly, both Elegant Eggplant & Island Indigo inks & papers are retiring.  It's not too late to pick up this stamp set & your other fave colours, but please don't delay - they are available only while supplies last! 
You can shop here.


You can find the rest of our team blog hoppers below:


Sandy - you are here





Product List

4 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!