Sunday 15 July 2018

Christmas in July Blog Hop!

Happy Sunday, and welcome to our monthly blog hop!  My upline issued a challenge, which was to create a Christmas card with current Stampin' Up! products for our team meeting yesterday...but, to think outside the box, using non-Christmas stamp sets.  It was tricky, and I definitely struggled, then I kind of went waaaay out of the box, using a die that I wouldn't have considered Christmasy (I don't think that's a word!)   We swapped cards at the meeting and they were all brilliant and beautifully designed!

Here's my card.  I started with a base of Lovely Lipstick, then added a layer of Blueberry Bushel that I had embossed with the Map Etc TIEF.  



Next, I cut strips of  In Colour 6"x 6" DSP approximately 1/2" to 3/4" and glued them onto Whisper White cardstock.


It was then just a matter of die cutting the word 'celebrate' from the Celebrate You Thinlits.  
Did I mention I made 14 identical cards? 


I was looking for a suitable background, and Whisper White was the best choice.  Before ahering 'celebrate' to the card I embossed this layer with my Softly Falling TIEF.
By the way....I used mini dimensionals, cut in half, to pop up 'celebrate.'



Production mode is the way to go when making multiple cards, from cutting card stock to embellishments.

At this stage, I was thinking - almost done!!  But first, I had ribbons to attach and 14 bows to make using the Polka Dot Tulle Ribbon.



Ta da! Here's the finished card!  What do you think....totally out of the box?!
I see a card that could also be used for birthdays, wedding...and more!

Before I go....I want to make sure you are aware of this Stampin' Up! offer!
We have a fantastic starter kit promotion on in July, with a huge bonus of 10 FREE ink pads in any colour family!  A $92.25 value.  and you get to choose $165 in products of your choice, for only $135.  The total value of this offer is $257.25.

Recap - that's $257.25 in product for $135! Wow!
Plus, there's no tax or shipping fee!
You can be a hobby demo, enjoying your 20-25% discount, or a business builder, and still attend my classes & participate in my contests & giveaways!  Join a wonderful family of stampers locally & worldwide.  Why not give it a try!

You can join here


Be sure to hop on over to the next blogs:

1. Sandy (you are here)
2. Barb
4. Steph
5. Leena

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!