Wednesday 21 June 2017

Just for You - Watercolour Words

I had the pleasure of teaching a workshop with some lovely young ladies this past weekend.  Everyone made four cards, two that had appeared on previous blog posts, and two new cards.  Today I have one of those new cards to show you.

The ladies had requested a baby card, and as surprising as it may seem, I don't have any of the stamp sets from the 'For Babies & Kids' section of the new catalogue.  At least not yet. 😉


To make this card, I started with a base of Smoky Slate, and added a layer of Pool Party embossed using the Oh My Stars TIEF.  I pumched Whisper White cardstock with my Banner Triple Punch then stamped the sentiment 'Just for You', from Watercolour Words in Pool Party ink. It's hard to believe I was 'iffy' about this set at first - but no more!  I simply love this font and the images that are in this set!  The dragonfly cluster was die cut using my Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits, adding a light and airy look to this card. The finishing touches for this card are the tiny flowers die cut in Whisper White using one of the dies from my Bouquet Bunch Framelits.  Daffodil Delight is a vibrant colour, so to achieve the much lighter tone I wanted for the flowers, I dabbed my Stampin' Sponge into the ink, stamped my grid paper to remove some of the colour, then lightly 'brushed' the sponge to the flowers, purposely not covering them entirely with colour.

Perhaps not a traditional baby card, but lovely nonetheless.  Plus, it's a quick card to make!

Here's the supply list:

Watercolour Words stamp set


Boutquet Bunch Framelits and Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits



Oh My Stars Embossing Folder & Triple Banner Punch



Daffodil Delight and Pool Party stamp pads 

Fine Tip Glue Pen & Multi-purpose Glue


Pool Party & Smoky Slate cardstock




I hope you enjoyed my card and post today and I welcome your comments.


Thank you for stopping by!


Sandy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!