Friday 28 July 2017

Stampin' Up! Say Hello Friend with a Bouquet Bunch

Getting a bouquet of fresh cut flowers is such a wonderful treat!  Pair that up with a lovely card and you'll be the toast of the town!

Staying with the theme of flowers, I have a soft and subtle card to show you today.  At first I thought my Brick Wall embossing folder might not give the look I was going for, but done on Whisper White cardstock, it's just the right contrast to the softness of the flowers


I die cut the stems and flowers in Whisper White using my Boutquet Bunch Framelits.  The bow was also cut from the same framelits, but I used Colour Theory DSP.
There are limitless possibilities with the Bouquet Bunch Framelits!  What will you make with them?



Hello Friend, stamped in Island Indigo is from the Wood Words set.  Once stamped, I used my Stitched Shapes Framelit to die cut the oval shape. then popped the sentiment up on dimensionals to add depth to the card


Here's a closer look at the flowers and bow.  To get the watercolour effect on the flowers, I used my Aqua Painters and Marina Mist ink and purposely left white areas.
As mentioned above, I die cut the bow in Colour Theory DSP.  I had first tried Whisper White card stock, but I wanted something different.  I love the kind of wrinkly look of the bow.  Such awesome versatile DSP!  

* * *

Tips
If you want your flowers to have the watercolour look, be sure to apply the ink lightly with the Aqua Painter.  Also, give the items a few minutes to dry before adhering them to the card

* * *

In Gratitude 
Do you ever get into one of those moods where you're giddy and full of laughter?  I'm not sure why I feel this way today, or who/what to thank, so perhaps I'll 'go big' and thank the Universe. 😍


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!