Saturday 29 July 2017

Just for You Watercolour Words Stampin' Up!

Do you ever have one of those days when you know you need to do something but you can't quite put your finger on it?  I hope you just said yes 😊

At our monthly team meetings, we pick a card challenge for the following month. I remembered that part LOL.  The part I forgot was to post it on our group page before the meeting.  Soooooo, when I started seeing pics of new cards, at first I couldn't figure out what was going on.  But then, thankfully, the lights came on....teehee!

Without further ado, here's the card I made for the challenge - which, by the way,  was to choose a colour you don't really like and also, to heat emboss.  Sounds easy, doesn't it.  It wasn't though, however I decided on Garden Green.  Naturally, now that I've used it, I really like it!!  And as for heat embossing, I admit, I've been avoiding it. Read on....


With my Garden Green ink pad in hand, I stamped the fabulous floral image from the Wood Words set onto Very Vanilla cardstock.  I actually stamped it several times - a few times directly from the ink pad, and a few stamped off.  That means I inked up the stamp, then stamped onto my grid paper, and then onto the cardstock for a light/dark effect,  I love that look!  



I chose the sentiment from Watercolour Words - so pretty!  I've always loved the 'magic' of heat embossing, and done in Gold Embossing powder, can I just say, WOW!!!  And it was so easy!  I promise to heat emboss often!  After embossing, I used my Stitched Shapes Framelit to die cut the oval, then popped it up with dimensionals!  For added bling, I used my Faceted Gems.

* * *

Did you know...
Now is the best time to join Stampin' Up! by taking advantage of our huge sign up offer!!
It is, and here's why


You get to customize your kit, get a $94 Free Essentials Gift Pack, and $70 in business supplies - all for $135.  What are you waiting for?  This offer ends on July 31st!

Join my team, Join the fun. Join today!
Join here

* * *

Tips
Always use an embossing buddy when heat embossing.  It eliminates static.
Use the colours that aren't your fave - you might surprise yourself.

* * *
In Gratitude
Many thanks to the team for challenging me to explore colours I thought I didn't like, and bringing back my love of heat embossing!




Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!