Tuesday 12 May 2020

Stampin' Up! Simple to Stepped-Up!

What do crafters do when they get a serious case of the 'I Wonders'?  We head straight for our craft rooms and get crafting!

My assignment was to make a card using only stamps, ink & paper.  No embossing, no die cutting, no punches - oh my!  Never let it be said that a challenge gets the better of me, so I sat myself down created a #simplestamping card!  I thought to myself, this is a pretty card, and I can recreate this for my Facebook Live Video, but then the 'I Wonders' kicked in.  I wondered how the card would look if I stepped it up a wee bit.  And ZOOM....off to my craft room!



The card on the right (above) is my original.  Both cards have a Whisper White base & layer and use the Positive Thoughts stamp set for the images & sentiment.

Using Pretty Peacock, I inked up the foliage stamp, and stamped my first image.  Without re-inking, I stamped the image 2 more times.  For the butterflies & feathers, I used Daffodil Delight...then wondered.....what if I used a Sponge Dauber inked in Mango Melody around the edges of the butterfly....and in the pic below, you can see the variation in colour!



For my stepped up card, I cut Whisper White paper using one of my Stitched Nested dies. I love the texture the Pretty Peacock Scalloped Linen Ribbon brings to this card, plus the double bow made from Linen Trim & Braided Linen Trim!  This layer, and the sentiment layer (cut using one of the Ornate Layers dies) are popped up using dimensionals.

My next 'I Wonder' resulted in those little butterflies! Pretty cute!!  I was pretty sure the butterfly image from Positive Thoughts wasn't the right size for the Butterfly Duet Punch...but....I realized the smaller punch of the duet would make super adorable little butterflies.  Yay, and and double yay for the 'I Wonders'!!


I used the same stamping technique as mentioned above for these butterflies.  Stamping them off the page gives the look of movement - that may have been one of the first things I learned way back when I was a new stamper!

Question: Did you know a group of butterflies is called a kaleidoscope?  I didn't know...I Googled it!



The next time you get the 'I Wonders' - when you wonder what will happen if you stamp this, or emboss that....go with it!  You're creating an original! 😊

The supplies to make this card are shown below.  Simply click on the images to purchase. I do have a special offer for you..... click HERE to find out how you can get the Mega Tutorial FREE!


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Stay Crafty!



Sandy xx





Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!