Tuesday 23 June 2020

Stampin' Up! Gorgeous Posies


Happy Tuesday!  In planning my week to make sure I could get quality stamp time and to see my baby grandson, I found myself drawn to Gorgeous Posies!  If you missed this set, you'll find it on page 8 of your catalogue, at the bottom of the page.



My colour palette of inks for this pretty card is Highland Heather, Gorgeous Grape, Just Jade and Basic Gray.  For the layer, I used Gorgeous Grape, then Just Jade for the base.

I chose 2 wonderful ribbons  - the Just Jade In Colour and the gingham ribbon from the Flowers for Every Season Combo Pack.  One of the many things I love about Stampin' Up! are the coordinating products!

I wanted to be sure this would be a card you could easily duplicate, and you'll see in my video (below) how it came together.



The sentiment was stamped in Basic Gray, and then cut using one of the Layering Rectangles, leaving space for the fussy cut flower and leaves.  I love curling up the leaves and petals adding extra dimension to the card.  It's such a pretty finishing touch!





What happens when you run out of Thank You cards?  You make more LOL.  I find making multiples of cards quite quick!  I was going for a more 'subtle' look to this card, and even though I used Mango Melody, by stamping just 3 flowers, and using Pear Pizzazz for the leaves, it's actually very toned down.  Plus, the wonderful texture of the Dandelion 3D Embossing Folder adds just the right amount of texture to the card.  I knew I would find a lovely Thank You in the Peaceful Moments stamp set - love the font, so I inked it up in Mango Melody, and cut the paper using one of the dies from Stitched So Sweetly.  A simple, pretty card!


CLICK on the pic below to view my video







To purchase the products to make this card, shop online HERE 

Don't miss getting a FREE Bundle of your choice when you join Stampin' Up! Click HERE

Follow me on Facebook

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel


Thank you for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!



Sandy xx




Shopping List for Both Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!