Friday 26 June 2020

Stampin' Up! Prized Peony Masking Technique

I had a really good feeling about this stamp set when I first leafed through the pages of the Annual Catalogue!!

Hi and thank you for stopping by my blog today!  I'm so excited to introduce you to the Prized Peony set!  Stunning images with such depth and incredible detail.



I absolutely love how my card turned out, and guess what - it was simple to make!  My how-to video is further down in this post, so be sure to check it out!


For this card, I started with a piece of Whisper White cardstock and used painter's tape to create a border.  With my Sponge Brayer inked up in Blushing Bride, I rolled the brayer back and forth horizontally across the cardstock to create an hombre look.  Next, again using Blushing Bride, I stamped the large peony, then carefully removed the painter's tape.  



I heat embossed the sentiment in White Stampin' Emboss Powder onto Basic Black cardstock, then used my Paper Trimmer for a nice straight edge across the bottom and fussy cut the rest.  That piece of ribbon behind the sentiment is the Gray Granite Shimmer Ribbon.  You should definitely add it to your shopping list!




This pretty card makes use of the In Good Taste DSP.  It features the same Sponge Brayer and masking technique as the first card.  I used Crumb Cake ink for the heartfelt sentiment. The cardbase is Blushing Bride.




I adhered the Linen Thread using Glue Dots, then tied the Vanilla Open Weave Ribbon (from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack) onto the thread.  A few Elegant Faceted Gems complete the card.  


Click on the Image Below to View My Video






What are your thoughts on my cards?  
I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave a comment!




To purchase the products to make this card, shop online HERE 

Don't miss getting a FREE Bundle of your choice when you join Stampin' Up! Click HERE

Follow me on Facebook

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel


Thank you for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!



Sandy xx




Shopping List for Both Cards

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!