Sunday 1 October 2023

Textured Floral | Thank You | Positive Inkers Design Team Blog Hop | Stampin' Up!

Happy Sunday and happy 1st day of October!  The first of each month means our Positive Inkers Global Design Team blog hop goes live - excitng!  I love our theme this month - it's Thank You / Giving Thanks!

I decided to go with earth tone colours for the flowers and lots of foliage for my card!


I fell hard for the Textured Floral bundle from Stampin' Up! with gorgeous florals and leaves.  I've stamped the leaves in Lost Lagoon, and the flowers using Pecan Pie, Crushed Curry and Crumb Cake. Notice how the stamped flowers aren't solid?  That's because this is a Distinktive set with depth and dimension imagery.  Cool, eh!






Have you seen the Throughout the Year set from the Mini?  I love sentiment sets as they cover so many occasions, which is great value for our money! 

Heat embossing is my go-to in cardmaking!  It's often the WOW that takes a card from 'oh that's pretty' to 'that's awesome!'

Dry embossing is also a WOW!  I've used the Leaf Fall folder fo rmy background.  It seems to compliment the floral focus of my card.


 

Finishing touches help bring everything together and I tend to go subtle with these: curling one corner of the layer, adding embellishments and spritzing a bit of ink here and there. When I looked at my almost finished card, I realized it needed a bit of shine, so using Rose Gold specialty paper which I cut using my Natural Prints dies. And just like that, card complete!


Thank you for stopping by!  Please continue on our hop:


Sandy McCullough - Canada – you are here

Maheswari Rajaguru – Australia 

 Elly Rijnvis – Netherlands 

Anne Marie Hile – USA 

Jo Blackman – UK - sitting out this month





Everything I used for my card is available in my Online Store , and all other Stampin' Up! supplies.

Textured Floral Bundle
$72.00
Throughout The Year Cling Stamp Set (English)
$33.00
Basic White 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$14.50
Basic Black 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$13.75
Pool Party 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$13.75
Balmy Blue 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$13.75
Soft Sea Foam 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$13.75
Pecan Pie 8 1/2" X 11" Cardstock
$13.75
Rose Gold 12” X 12” (30.5 X 30.5 Cm) Specialty Paper
$13.75
Pecan Pie Classic Stampin' Pad
$12.25
Crumb Cake Classic Stampin' Pad
$12.25
Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad
$12.25
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad
$9.00
Lost Lagoon Classic Stampin' Pad
$12.25
Leaf Fall 3 D Embossing Folder
$15.00
Natural Prints Dies
$51.00
Adhesive Backed Sparkle Gems
$11.75

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!