Thursday 8 March 2018

Polished Stone Technique - Birthday Card

Last Saturday I attended a stamping event where we learned a few new card making techniques and I think you're going to like this card!

The polished stone technique is not only super easy, it's super cool!


I cut Glossy White cardstock 5 3/8" x 4 1/8".  Next, I dampened 3 cotton balls with isopropyl alcohol, then using my Night of Navy re-inker, I put a few drops on one of the cotton balls, and did the same with my Basic Black and Crumb Cake re-inkers.  Now the fun part! *smiles*  Dab the cotton balls onto the cardstock. The aim is to not have any white showing.  Once covered, leave the cardstock to dry.
Glossy White cardstock is the paper to use for this technique.  Photo paper won't work, and it absorbs the ink, rather than allow the ink to 'bleed', which is what you need for this technique.


While waiting for the ink to dry, I heat embossed the sentiment in silver onto Whisper White cardstock.  The sentiment is from Eclectic Expressions (a free Sale-A-Bration stamp set).  I die cut the sentiment layer and Silver Foil paper using Layering Ovals Dies.


We're at the final steps 😊
The base of the card is Night of Navy, and I added a layer of Whisper White cardstock, then the polished stone layer - all adhered with Liquid Multipurpose Glue.  I used Snail adhesive to hold the Basic Grey ribbon (from Sale-A-Bration) in place, then popped up the sentiment using dimensionals, and ta da!  The card is complete!

You can view the making of this card on my March 6 'Tuesdays at Two' live Facebook video.  
Simply ask to join my Lolly & Sand group 😊


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!