Thursday 15 March 2018

Heat Embossing, New Sale-A-Bration items & a Blog Hop!

Whew! That's a big post title, and that's because there's a whole lot of everything going on, including new Sale-a-Bration Items!!  Read on....

It's the 15th of the month, thus it's blog hop time! Woot!



The challenge this month's blog hop was to create a card, gift box, or home decor item and use heat embossing, plus use Sale-A-Bration (aka SAB) and/or Occasions products. 

My fun decor piece would be perfect for a teenager or pre-teen.  I used Epic Celebrations (from SAB) for all the images, which I heat embossed in silver.



The background paper is one design in the super gorgeous Springtime Foil DSP (from SAB).  The paper actually has a white background and silver foil lines, and by dragging my Cherry Cobbler ink pad across the paper, I was able to get the look I wanted!  Pretty cool, eh!!
As you can see, I added a pop of colour to two of the images.  I used my Cherry Cobbler (light) Stampin' Blend.
My Layering Ovals and Layering Circle Framelits got a good workout on this project, as did my Dimensionals & Foam Adhesive Strips - great adhesives and perfect when you want to add height and dimension to a project!  I stacked the adhesives from 2 to 4 layers, varying the height of each image and the sentiment. 



Oh yes, I'm lovin' this challenge!!
I bought this 5 x 7 frame from a dollar store, and it was okay, but just wasn't quite right. Sooooo....I silver heat embossed the frame!  Oh, you heard me correctly!!  The image I randomly stamped around the top of the frame is from a SAB stamp set called Eclectic Expressions.  
Word of caution when heat embossing on metal - metal conducts heat, so if you try this, be very careful, the metal will be hot and trust me, you won't want to burn your fingers.



Ta da!  The finished piece!   
The frame is a bit 'edgy', which is what I wanted, plus it really helps to bring all this fun together!

Three of the products I used are FREE through Sale-A-Bration. Place a qualifying order and choose your FREE reward!  To find out more, click here.   If you have any questions or need help placing your order, feel free to contact me.

I would love to hear your thoughts on this piece, so please leave me a comment.

* * *

Awesome News!  

Sale-A-Bration Rewards have been added and are available as of today, March 15 and only until March 31.  Click here to view!

* * *

More blogs to hop to...

1. Leena
2. Sandy (you are here)
3. Barb

* * *

Thank you for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!

* * *

Product List

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!