Saturday 15 December 2018

Super Easy & Super Fun Treat Holders!

Can you believe it?  Just 10 days until Christmas!  Are you ready?  I have a few more small gifts to pick up, and then let the festivities and food begin! 

Thank you for joining us on our monthly Stamping Symphony Blog Hop!  We're featuring Winter & New Year's!  Here we go!

Surprise!  I didn't make a card - I made a New Year's treat holder CASE'd from UK demo Linda Parker!!  They are super cute, and best of all, they are soooo easy to make!   

The first thing you'll want to do is raid your scrap stash for any paper that's 4 1/2 x 4 1/2.  I used Festive Farmhouse & Under the Mistletop DSP for my treat holders.  Having gone back to check out Linda Parker's video, I found the size she used was 4 1/2 x 5 1/2.  Either will work 😍  



 You'll want to use a strong adhesive like Tear & Tape.  Run the tape down one edge of your paper.  If you go with 4 1/2 x 5 1/2, run it down the 5 1/2 edge then attach it to the opposite edge (picture a paper towel roll).

Get out your Envelope Punch board because it does more than make envelopes! 
Next, with the seam of the roll facing up, flatten each end approximately one inch from each end, and now it will fit into the Envelope Punch board.  Punch at the 1 inch mark as in the picture below, then do the same for each end.


Almost done!  I used one of my favourite sentiments.  It's from Merry Christmas to All.
Once stamped (in Cherry Cobbler), I used Layering Ovals to die cut the sentiment layer & the Silver Foil layer.  


Using the twine I had at home, I tied one end with a cute little bow, put a treat inside, then tied the other end.

What kind of treat?  Well....had I made the slightly bigger size a slightly bigger treat would have fit....however these lovelies had to 'do'... Yum!  And yes, I tasted them!



So there you have it...and let me ask...how easy was that??!!  Very!
I have several more to make as table favours for New Year's Eve.


I hope you give these a try!  How sweet would these be for Valentine's, Easter, birthdays, etc!
If you don't have an Envelope Punch Board, you can order it right here

If you would like to see more pretty creations, please follow my Facebook Page.  I do live videos every Tuesday & Friday at 10am (but you can watch anytime!) 

Thank you for stopping by my blog today!  Be sure to hop on over to more blogs from
the team:

1.  Leena
2.  Sandy (you are here)
3. Barb
4.  Jennifer
5.  Steph


Happy Crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!