Tuesday 6 October 2020

Stampin' Up! It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

 Hello my crafty friends and welcome to my blog!  I'm excited to share this card the making of the card video with you!

As a wee sidebar - I've entered a card in Kylie's International Highlights Gallery and I would be most grateful if you would vote for my card.  You can view the card & vote (my card is #2 in the gallery). Vote HERE

Here's my card.


I'm all about a bit of texture, bling, and a pop of colour!  If you're like me, your finished cards often don't look like your original vision - and it's that tweaking taking cards from pretty to wow! For this card I knew I wanted to use the Crumb Cake paper from Plaid Tidings DSP (it's 15% off until Oct 31). Subtle cards are a fave of mine, however this time I felt more of a statement was required.


All measurements are given in my video. Click on the picture below to view.









I cut the tree using one of the In the Woods dies and the paper I selected is 'Tis the Season - also 15% off until Oct 31.  That thin layer of red is from the same DSP pack.  The sentiment for the front and inside of the card are both from Wrapped in Christmas and I love the variety of fonts in this set!  The bling on the tree are the Red Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and the 'tinsel' is the gold metallic trim from the Forever Greenery Trim Combo Pack.



What do you do with those leftover pieces of DSP?  Use them in your cards as a pretty border.  That's Crumb Cake ink for the sentiment - I love how Stampin' Up! used two different fonts!


I have a NEW online class for you! Check it out HERE




Click on the product photos at the bottom of this post to shop anytime.
Thank you for your order!



If you like today's post...

Shop online anytime

Join my McStampers Ink team...click for info

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow me on Instagram


Click on the products below to purchase them today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!