Sunday 15 November 2020

Peace on Earth Ink on Vellum Christmas Card & Blog Hop!

Happy Sunday everyone and thank you for popping by today!  The theme for this month was to design a Christmas card that's a fun-fold, gift card holder or any style.  I went with 'any style'.

Here's my card!



About a month ago I was playing with inks on vellum, left them to dry and kind of forgot about them.  You may have seen other demonstrators using this technique - it's fun and super messy.  Anyway, having watched fellow demonstrator Barry from Mitosu Crafts make a gorgeous ink on vellum card, I decided to create this card!



There are a few different ways to do this technique.  Here's how I Inked the Vellum:

  • I cut a sheet of vellum in quarters, then used my Spritzer filled with rubbing alcohol to cover the surface of the vellum 
  • Next, I put one drop of Pacific Point Ink Refill on one side of the vellum, and one drop of Coastal Cabana on the other
  • I spritzed rubbing alcohol again, but just on the drops of ink
  • I picked up the paper to allow the ink to run, then spritzed close to the vellum to help create un-inked areas
Note:  if you want deeper tones, you may want to wait until til try, then start the process again.

I didn't use my heat tool to dry the ink, and I think that helped my vellum from curling.  If I had, I would have taped the vellum down to prevent the curling from the heat tool. 

On Tuesday November 17, I'll be doing a Facebook Live on my Lolly and Sand Page to make a very similar card.  All the measurements will be given during the video.



I embossed the tree image from Rooted in Nature using Silver Stampin' Emboss Powder, then cut it using one of the Nature's Root Dies.  Next, I embossed the sentiment, from Wrapped in Christmas using White Stampin' Emboss Powder.  You'll find the Polar Bear die in the Snow Globe Scenes dies.  For the finishing touches I used our Adhesive-Backed Snowflakes & Playful Pets ribbon.



WATCH MY INK ON VELLUM TECHNIQUE VIDEO
(click on image below)



I love this card and I hope you do as well.  It's not a typical traditional Christmas card, however it is unique and I'm certain the recipient will be delighted!


OOOH...Guess what coming soon!!!!  
If you would like a copy of the Jan-June Mini Catalogue & Jan-Feb Sale-a-bration flyer, 
click on the image below to request them!




If you wish to purchase any of the supplies you've seen in my card you'll find images of the products below - just click on them to shop! 

 

To continue on our Stamping Symphony Blog Hop:


Leena - A La Cards

Sandy - Lolly & Sand (you're here)

Barb - JustBStamping

Jen - StampingJen

Leigh - SimpLeigh Stamping

Laurel - Laurel Davis Crafted



If you like today's post...

Shop online anytime

Join my McStampers Ink team...click for info

Follow me on Pinterest

Follow me on Instagram


Thank you so much for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!  




Do you need any of the products used for today's card? Click on the shopping links below.  
Note: Canadian Residents Only.

2 comments:

  1. What a great technique, can't wait to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Barb! It's fun....a bit messy....but worth it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!