Wednesday 8 July 2020

Stampin' Up! Fancy Phrases with Watercolour Pencils

Hello friends!  Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

For my video & blog post yesterday I used Stampin' Blends with the Fancy Phrases stamp set, and today I decided to play with our Watercolour Pencils, and am so happy with the result!




My cardbase is Basic Black as is the layer (kind of hard to see in this photo). I heat embossed the sentiment using White Stampin' Emboss Powder, and did a quick fussy cut.  I'm really getting the hang of fussy cutting and am love the look!





Using Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, I stamped the image onto Crumb Cake cardstock.  I started with my Whisper White Watercolour Pencil and went over each flower a few times to get the white as deep as possible - that is...without using water.  Onto Mango Melody for most leaves and some of the flowers, the Granny Apple Green.  I did try a wee bit of Bermuda Bay on one of the flowers, just for a lark!  Next, I cut the paper using one of my Layering Ovals Dies.



Fancy Phrases Cling Stamp Set - Item #152530

Be sure to add this stamp set to your shopping list!
At the bottom of this post you'll find pics of all the products I used, and by clicking on the item you can shop via my online store.





The beautiful gold you see is the Forever Gold Laser-cut Specialty Paper.  So pretty!  The floral layer is popped up on Dimensionals, as is the sentiment.  And guess what.....so is the Basic Black layer!  I'm all about adding depth and dimension to cards!  Are you as well?



Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper - Item #152493



Finishing Touches
I felt the card needed ribbon....but just a wee bit, so I cut about 1.5 inches of Bumblebee Gingham Ribbon, folded it over and secured it using a Glue Dot.  And last but not least - Elegant Faceted Gems for a pretty bit of bling!










What are your thoughts on my card today?  
You know I love hearing from you, so please feel free to leave a comment!



EARN BONUS DAYS COUPONS
A reminder that Bonus Days have started!  Earn a $6 coupon with every $60 (before tax/shipping) in purchases!  You can redeem your coupons in August!  



To purchase the products to make this card, shop online HERE 


Follow me on Facebook

Follow me on Pinterest

Subscribe to my YouTube Channel


Thank you for stopping by!  Happy Crafting!



Sandy xx




Supply List to Make the Card

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you nailed it! What a beautiful card. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janis! I'm so happy you like my card :-)

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!