Thursday 1 July 2021

A Splash of Colour with Positive Inkers Global Design Team Blog Hop

Welcome Crafty Friends to our Positive Inkers Global Design Team Blog Hop!  Our theme this month is 'A Splash of Colour' - doesn't that sound exciting!!  I'm brimming with anticipation wondering what everyone will create!  


Here's my card...


I created a splash of colour for my card using Stampin' Blends and Rubbing Alcohol on Vellum.  I've made SO many of these alcohol/ink backgrounds, it was tough choosing, but this one definitely caught my eye!

Blend colours I used: Bermuda Bay and a bit of Night of Navy and Daffodil Delight

I'm drawn to this technique as no two backgrounds will look the same, thus each card is an original!




Oh how I love the intricate detail of the Stitched Greenery Die!  Layers are a breeze with this die! Speaking of dies, I cut the flowing leaves from the Artistic Dies.  I gently curled the tips of the each leaf.  


Did you know about the 10% savings when you order bundles?  What a great way to stretch your crafting dollars!  As a demonstrator I get a discount - wahoo - and I also get the 10% bundle savings!  Many many demonstrators join for the discount.  If you live in Canada and want to join the fun, check out the details HERE on my blog





This bundle is gorgeous!  I've used a couple of items for this card, but will be featuring much more in the next while!





I find the marbled splash of colour from the alcohol/ink fascinating and so very unique!  I cut a layer using one of my Layering Circles and adhered the vellum with Stampin' Seal.

I heat embossed Happy Birthday on Basic Black cardstock in white, from the Basics Embossing Powders, then trimmed close to the edge of the greeting, and popped up on dimensionals. 

Will you try this technique?  I hope so!


If you love the products used to make this card... pop to the bottom of this post.  Click on the links to shop & get more product info!


You'll also find me on:

Facebook

Instagram

YouTube

Pinterest


Thank you so much for popping by!  I love hearing from you, so do leave a comment!


Check out the rest of our blog hop:




Sandy McCullough - Canada (you are here)



Sandy xx



Do you need any of the products used for today's card?  Order by clicking on the images below, or contact me and I'll input your order for you!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Sandy! I havent tried out this technique with vellum. Can't wait to have a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Kate! You will love love love this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Pretty Sandy! Love the colours on Vellum.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment! You've made my day!